Day Five (Friday April 26th): Something A Bit Different
It’s the annual challenge to blog in a way different to how you normally blog. You may choose to create a podcast, or vlog, create a wordless post or write in verse. You've already stretched your wings with an infographic, now it's time to freestyle.
I think today's topic - or lack the of - is the perfect opportunity to tell you a little more about me. To keep it interesting I'm going to utilize the "writing in the raw" technique. If you're not sure what that is, check out Five Minute Fridays. I used to participate every week, but because the focus of the blog did some changing it just hasn't fit in. I miss it. So today I'm doing my own version.
5 little known facts about Robin in 5 minutes. The only rule is they can't have anything to do with crocheting, knitting, books or the library - because you hear about those things all the time!!
Ok - ready, set, GO!
1. When I was a little girl - about 3 or 4 years old I met Johnny Cash at my family's guitar factory. He scared me and at the time I wasn't impressed at all!
2. My family owns Martin Guitars in Nazareth, PA. If you're a musician of any sort - chances are you've heard of Martin. We've been making guitars since 1833. I love my family, but have nothing to do with the factory - that's my half-brother's gig. I don't know how to play the guitar.
3. I went on a trip to Colorado when I was little. We went to Cripple Creek (I think?) and I still remember a gravestone I saw there: Here lies Lester Moore, four shots from a 44, No Les, No More!
4. I have the teddy bear that my father gave me when I was born. His name is Theodore B. Bear. The B stands for Brown. He sits on my dresser and keeps an eye on me like he has for more than 45
5. I have my drivers license, but for the last four years have not owned a vehicle. A little tough in semi-rural Massachusetts, but I make it work - and I really don't want to buy a car unless I really have too!
That's it - time's up!
Whew! That was harder than I thought it would be. Now you know a little more about me than you did before. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending a bit of your day with me. To read more blog posts on today's topic enter 4KCBWDAY5 into a search engine of your choice, or click here.
Until next time friends,
Be blessed and stitch & read with love!
I'm Robin and this is
Click to see what's new on the Craftsy Crochet Blog!
Tutorials and Patterns
Places I Post
Thank you for visiting!
My name is Robin. I am a wife, mother and strong believer in the power of faith. I'm a maker, a crafter and an artist. I love exploring new mediums and sharing my adventures with you.
Did you enjoy your visit? Let me know by leaving a comment. I love knowing you dropped by, and hope to see you again soon!
Be Blessed and
Stitch & Read with Love!